December 01, 2009

Wistful Thinking

Today, after class, me and my friends, the three of us, went to get some momos. Thats an East-Indian delicacy, just incase you didn't know. I didn't want to eat any.. so well, the two of them stood at the counter and got some.. and JUST when M started to eat hers.. this one guy from our class, a real cute one too.. calls her.
So she handed her plate to me and went up to him.




Apparently, he asked her out.






For the third time.





And when she said no the third time, he..


wait for it...



.. he started CRYING.




Is it just me or does the rest of the world think of this universally PATHETIC gesture as lame?
And pathetic, but I already mentioned that.


M looked pretty disturbed.


Because she "made someone cry".




For the love of GAWD, why?


Maybe it's just wistful thinking on my part, but this is like, the millionth instance of a guy from my class asking M out.

Wow.


No, really. Wow.



I'm a bit jealous, but she's my friend, so I guess I need to look at it nicely/positively.



But still.


He cried, you guys.



Oh, by the way. N was eating her momos and talking to me the whole time.


And I was standing there holding M's momos looking like an idiot.

3 Random Retorts:

Perakath said...

Do you also think it's lame when guys cry at a breakup?

Sleepy Wabbit said...

Actually, no.

It's just that when someone starts crying for someone they don't even KNOW and only lust for..
well, now THAT is pathetic.

I'm pretty sure anyone would agree. I mean, you can totally sympathize when a guy is crazily in love and all that.. but this one? Was just lame.


PS: I was talking about asking people out and crying if they say no. Not about breaking up. It's completely normal for girls and even guys to cry during break ups.. its natural cos they know the person.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I sooooo agree with u! I find it extremely lame when guys pretend to have deep feelings for a girl they barely know. Its pretty disgusting actually! N CRYING if a girl u barely know says no. Thats like the EPITOME of lameness!
P.S. I understand that part about kinda feeling jealous when ur bff gets asked out by practically all the guys. N then u feel horrible for feeling jealous, because she is ur bestie after all! :/