December 14, 2008

(Fashion) Senseless.

What else can I say? I think its de rigueur to have a mom with loads of fashion-sense otherwise you’re drowned in the pool of faddism and inanity. No, really. My mood has been shitty since morning cos I opened my closet (in the morning :/) to find hell loads of PJs and night dresses. That too, pink and flowery. I’m sick of pink. Totally, ugh.

Whenever me and my mum go shopping (which is always), my mum manages to get me loads of flowery, pink pajamas. They could be more expensive that that nice dress there, but hell no, she always goes for the pajamas. ONLY.

It used to be fun before, when you didn’t have to be so fashion conscious. When you could go out the house, till, maybe the shop nearby wearing yer pajamas. When you were a little kid. But now, it’s dumb when people openly laugh at you when you go to the SAME shop wearing pajamas. And it’s not like I’m imagining it. They laughed at me OUTRIGHT. Like, it was a group of maybe 4 girls and they collapsed in a fit of giggles as soon as they saw me. They were dressed in the worst possible Churidaars EVER. Their AUDACITY was.. mind-numbing! I gave them a cold stare and went about my business, but hey, people DO laugh. It’s no joke. :|

My mum has a technique. She’ll give me negative vibes when I adamantly refuse to listen to her and BUY those clothes on display, THERE.

Or, there’s this other thing that does the trick.

For example.

Scene: At a shop.. I like some shirt. My mum doesn’t like it (cos its not bright and flowery :|)
So, this is what she does.

Me: Mom, I want that shirt.
Her: Nanditha.. you won’t wear it.
Me: Why would I want to buy it if I won’t wear it? :|
Her: Because I’m your mom and I know. [uh, yeah, right]
Me: Sick. I wanna buy it, and that’s it.
Her: [in a serious tone] Your dad wonn’t like it.

THAT does the trick. Yes it does. It not only brings the conversation to an end, but it ALSO makes me walk out of the shop in anger, and my mum.. pleased with herself. :|

I really consider stuff like that, BTW. I mean, if dad doesn’t like something, I’ll probably argue about it but in the end, I’m going to listen to him.

BUT. I came to know how big a farce that line really was when I went shopping with both mom and dad. Mom uttered the trademark line again, and my dad goes.. “But.. I think it’ll look good on her. Moreover, she likes it”
That did it. My mum started communicating with her eyes, u know, her eyes conveying DEEPLY, the message – “no, tell her that you won’t like it! Dammit, why can’t you just nod along?”


Goodie. So now I had an ANSWER. =D

Everytime she said the “dad wont like it” line, I’d say that I don’t really care cos I knew that mum turned out to be wrong that everytime.

It's true. I AM Fashion sense LESS. :P

Well. BTW, if you think being 16 and still shopping with yer mom is dumb, then HEY! I don’t really shop by myself, and moreover, I don’t have a cousin/anybody who lives nearby with whom I can go shopping AND I don’t go shopping with friends.. I dunno why, though.
Plus, this is India. Real shopping with friends isn’t time pass. Window-shopping is. =D

~ I need to find out a bit about Christmas.. it’s for a morning assembly. Damn!


Psst.. Half the people out there don’t like my template. I don’t LOVE the orange colour, but I do like everything else. Call me conceited, but I’m gonna stick to liking it. And I don’t care. AND, I can be kiddish -> *sticks out tongue*

0 Random Retorts: