December 24, 2008

Had a SMOKIN’ day!

Yesterday. But oh well. It ROCKED.

Our school had organized this one-day camp thing that included activities that were trekking-y. They called it a picnic but I wanna be more, uh, classy and call it a camp. Heh.

We left school by around 8: 30 in the morning. It was a nice and cool. The weather wasn’t too cold and it wasn’t too warm either. We were supposed to wear jeans, sneakers and a sweatshirt or something of that sort. And, I did that. Only that my sweatshirt was an Adidas-fakie. And I had no intention of hiding the fact, so yeah.
Wish I had had a Puma fakie though. I suck. I’m not that brand conscious. I can be, at times. But those times are pretty rare.

The place we were going to, called Anand Van (that’s Hindi, Anand means Joy, and Van means Forest. So, go figure) was more than 20, in fact 25+ kilometers away. We reached the place at around 9: 40. And we had breakfast. It was lip-smacking! I mean, the paranthas.

Note: A parantha is an Indian (Punjabi) dish. It’s basically made of flour, mixed with water, but it has potatoes stuffed into it. And it’s DELICIOUS. <3

And fattening. Ah, let’s not get there.

So, we ate, and about half an hour later, were split into groups of 20. There were around 80 kids, and 4 teachers, so that makes 4 groups in all. I was the leader of my group, and the first thing we did was Rappelling.
The rappelling thing consisted of Rock-climbing TOO. And it was FUN! Totally.

A few people were really scared. I climbed the huge mountain like thing, but then a few girls who were behind me got stuck and one of them even slipped! And, the sad part was that I couldn’t turn back and help them. It’s easy to climb. But it’s REALLY hard to descend, I mean, it’s scary.

So, I reached the place and OH-MY-GAWD! The view was breathtaking. I’ll post the pictures as soon I get them from my friends (I hadn’t taken my camera) or one of the teachers. There was wilderness all around, and there was a huge pit, khaai. I screamed my name out loud and it echoed back! It was.. AMAZING!

Wish time could have stood still, just then. I wish I were a mutant. Now THAT would have been cool. I mean, maybe. Hey, I like X-men, okay? :|

So, I went there and there was a long line of guys waiting there for their turn. And then I argued a bit saying that a girl hadn’t really tried rappelling yet. So, the instructor let me GO! Whee! I got scathing looks from class-mates. I didn’t know any of them. Just one or two, I think. =D

So, I descended the flat, not-rough-edged mountain. It was AMAZING. I faltered right in the end, but it was great nevertheless! And I heard people cheering down under and I was TOTALLY ecstatic!


Sometime later, me and my friends went to the Artificial River-crossing thing. And turns out I was the first girl to try it out too. TeeHEE. =D

I couldn’y do it, though. I could cross only three-fourth of the whole length of the river. It drained me of all energy COMPLETELY. I seriously need to have more stamina! That, and the fact that I’m a bit fat didn’t help too. It proved detrimental, actually, as you may have guessed. I was totally red by the time I got down. I was emabarrassed. Embarrassment doesn’t really show on me cos I don’t sweat more or anything when I’m feeling dumb and flusteree. And the advantage of being brown, I mean, dark, is that you don’t turn red.

But, when I had to cross the artificial-river, I had to totally tilt my head. And THAT made my face go all red and my eyes too! It was weird, my friends said. I’m happy they were there to support me. Man! =)

After me, another person tried and she couldn’t corss as much as I did. :P ^_^

I was feeling all tired and stuff but then it was lunch time so I ate a LOT! There was a lot to eat. And, honestly, I HOGGED. Like you-know-what. :P

And then we DANCED! I mean, we were given a list of nine activities, but were ACTUALLY taken to two places ONLY. So, one of the girls, out of anger and frustration, yelled at the instructor guy that she was gonna sue him. And, Jesus Christ! You should have seen the look on that mans face! He looked SCARED. Whoa! =D
We danced at a LOT of stuff and there were a lot of Punjabi songs too! AWESOMENESS!
There was one song that I REALLY liked. It went like.. "Tenu kaala chasma jachda hai, jachda hai gore mukhde te"
Umm, it means that dark glasses (sunglasses, shades) suit your fair face.

It doesnt make a LOT of sense, but hey, it's nice! One of the best songs to dance on! =D

Oh, I also watched Wall- today. <3
Need I say more? It’s AWESOME!

Uh, Christ, this post is longer than the Bhagavad-Gita!

Toodle-oo, folks. Merry Christmas to you. =)

~ I don’t know a lot about Christmas nor do I have Christian friends, so, HAVE FUN! And temme about it!

1 Random Retorts:

sApNa d ΛПGΣℓ ..In dIsGuIsE.. said...

keep writing sweety i juz love reading ur blogs...