October 14, 2008

The Durga Puja, the Dance Competition, and friends. In short, loads of FUN! =)

So, I don’t know where to START. The past few days, weeks, actually, have been SO much hectic AND fun filled, that I’m at a loss of words! I mean.. I’ve had SO much to write about but so little time! Well. Happens. =D

Well, lets start with the Durga Puja thing. My friend, S, she learned Kathak for four years. So suddenly, on Saturday, she decides that she wants to take part in a Dance Competition that’s being organized by the people that sponsored the Durga Puja festival.

So, she starts the practice thing. And since her parents are busy too, she wanted me to come, to be the photographer. I mean, the camera-woman. No, wait, whatever. =D
She called me up.
Her: Yaar, aa ja na. Ive been practicing for an hour and my bro keeps telling me that I’m gonna make a fool of myself there.
Me: Hmm. Don’t listen to him, yaar. He’s a born pessimist. He’s TEH pessimist. Jeez. Worse than ME, of all the people.
Her: Abbey, to aa rahi hai ki nahi?
Me: I feel bloated. :/
Her: Bah. I’m sending someone to pick u up.
Me: Wait -

And then she kept the phone down.
I kept thinking that she HAD to be kidding, when suddenly, at around 10.. her parents come to my house to pick me up. Now, my mums like, Go beta, go. It’ll be fun! And I’m like.. but.. but.. but. =D

So, well, originally, I didn’t wanna go cos.. well, I’m plain lazy. But.. I changed my mind. So, when I reached her house, S was getting ready. She was wearing a saree, something close to it, I guess and she was looking PERFECTLY pretty! =)

Me: *hugs* Looking NICE! =)
Her: Thanks yaar. I’m scared. Having second thoughts and all. :s
Me: Nahi na, don’t be confused and all. You can do it. Remember, you can, you will? Aise hi soch na. =)
Her: Haan… pata nahi.
Me: Tu bass darr mat. Pehle lets GO there na!
So, we went to the Durga Puja thingy. I had the camera with me. I mean, to take pictures. But then I remembered ki I could take videos too! I mean, had I known earlier, I’d have taken the HandyCam only. Sigh. :/

So, I was trying to kid around cos I didn’t wanna see S all tensed up and stuff. So we took the most BHOOTNI-ish pics ever. With S’s Kajal (Kohl) and my teeth, haha. Even BhootUncle will get scared. xD

So, It was FINALLY her turn! YAY!

So, she went up the stage and I strated recording the video. S danced REALLY well. SO well, that there was a HUGE round of applause when the song stopped. Btw, she danced for ‘Mere Dholna’ from the movie – Bhool Bhulaiyya. One helluva song, and I had the whole thing recorded. So, we went to the green-room-like place again and I was like.. WOW that was GREAT! And S was smiling all modestly and stuff. It was a happy moment after all.

And so, at around 11 30, we started for S’s house. We walked! At ELEVEN THIRTY in the NIGHT! =D
It was TOO good. Awesome, seriously. We even made a video we call ‘wo pagalpanti wala video’ just cos we recorded the whole thing while walking at 11 30 in the night! Like, I wanted to upload it to YouTube cos it was pretty dark and anybody who watches the video can only hear our voices and maybe see my teeth (they’re pearly white), but cant see our faces. But S was like, nope no way. So anyways.

HAha. That’s about it – the durga puja part. Theres more coming tomorrow. Stay tuned (*gulp* what did I JUST say? :o)
Ive been watching too much TV. GAWD.

~ ‘Bout school and the new SurdKid in the bus, tomorrow! =)

psst.. S won the FIRST prize in the Dance Competition btw!! YAY! =) =)

0 Random Retorts: