October 05, 2008

A Lot more teaching.

So, when the kids came on Friday (or was it a Saturday?), they asked me If I Could teach them math too. I agreed, except that their math book is in HINDI. I mean, I can read hindi but I Don’t know what Linear Equations or Ratios would be called in Hindi. So I had to decline and well, I continued with the English thing.

So, our next lesson was that of this one miser and all his gold. I read the chapter, para by para and made thm repeat after me. They need to correct their pronunciations. I don’t know if I’ll be able to actually improve their English, but I DO know that they’ll atleast develop a habit of, hmm, studying English.
So, I told them that I’d take the dictation thingy the next day, from fourteen words that were given at the end of the chapter.
The next day, they REMINDED me (how cute!) that I had to take a dictation. They fared pretty poorly, even thought they’d tried hard.

Ater that, we read a poem whose name I don’t remember and it was by Sarojini Naidu. It was basically about “O ye Merchants, you sell silverware” and all. It was nice. I had a hard time explaining the whole thingy. :s
And, well, lets see.. I made them underline words like ‘dagger’ and ‘azure’ and then I asked them to practice all those by writing cos I was going to take another dictation the next time. AND, guess what? The next time is a LOT of days away – the kids are bengali’s, so they asked if they could come after the 10th. So now, they’re coming on 9th morning or 10th evening. Which suits me pretty fine. I’m happy as long as they get their lessons. =)

Anyway, okay, there was this one funny convo with a vodafone customer care guy but more about that in the next post… :)

(Oh, wait, actually, I think I posted that one by cutting and pasting so, yeah, its the post BELOW this one xD)

~Haffun. And hey, thanks to all those who commented on the last post. I really loved it, you guys. :)

0 Random Retorts: