October 05, 2008

I irritate customer care people. Convict me?

So, I called the helpline number thingy cos I didn’t know what e-topup was. So, I dialed 111 (that’s the customer care number) and asked him that. Now, even though I’ve changed the language the customer care guys should talk in from Hindi to English, the one that was on line was TOTALLY hindi-ish.
So, this is the conversation that followed.

Him: Namashkaar ma’am. Aapka poora naam aur number de dijiye zara, please.
(Goodmorning ma’am. Could I please have yer full name and number, please?)
Me: [insert full name here], [insert mob. number here]

Okay, for the time being, lets assume that my name is XYZ. Then,

Him: Hanji. Hum aapki sahayta kaise kar sakte hain, XYZ jee?
(Yes. So, how can I help you, XYZ jee)
Me: Umm, I’d like to know what e-top up is.
Him: XYZ jee, aap nischint rahiye, hum aapki poori tareeke se sahayta karenge. E-top up?
(Please, don’t be worried. (Or anxious).. I’ll try and help you fully. E-top up?)
Me: haan. E-top up HOTA kya hai?
(Yes. What IS e-topup?)
Him: XYZ jee, aap nishchint rahiye, hum aapki poore tareeke se sahayata karenge.
[Yes, XYZ jee, please remain unworried, I’ll try andhelp you as much as I can. )
[And then he explains what e-topup is]
After that, he is like:
Him: XYZ jee, aap nishchint rahiye, aapki hum aur koi sahayata kar sakte hain?
(XYZ jee, please remain unworried, do you have any other query?)
Me: umm.. haan. Nishchint ka matlab kya hota hai?
(Er, yes. What does ‘nishchint’ mean?)
Him: *silence* kya?
(What?)
Me: Haan.. ummm.. nishchint ka matlab kya hota hai? :]
(er, yes. What does ‘nishchint’ mean?)
Him: nishchint maane… tension-free.
(Nishchint means.. tension free)
Me: ohh. Right. Bina kisi chinta ke. Right. ThnakYOU! :]
(Oh, right. Without any worried. Right, thankYOU! =))
Him: Jee haan, zarur. Aur koi sawal hai?
(Yes, ofcourse. Do you have any other queries?)
Me: Nahi,t hank you so much.
(Nope. Thank you so much. =) )
Him: Thankyou for calling Vodafone service.. etc.

Well, I wont say this was a FUNNY convo, but it killed me. I laughed for a full five minutes after having kept the phone down, LOL! =D
It’s just that, right THEN, my friend called. And I told her about this whole thing and she was like, bechaara, the guy must be thinking yer a complete idot , now. And I’m like, laughing and saying yeah, who cares?
I don’t think I Was too nice, having asked a question he isn’t paid to answer, but anyways. I laughed a lot cos of it. I wonder if he was pissed or not.

~ And oh, coincidentally, the guys name was Deepak Sharma. Dee-duck, u listening?

4 Random Retorts:

Deepak said...

:|

Anonymous said...

hahaha

DEEDUCK

@dee duck
u from tinac ??

SaurTer said...

I can't stop my laugh |':


you wanna kill teh readers or what? o.0


but....DEE-DUCK is so straight faced :D

Deepak said...

@richa
nope ..i don't even know what tinac IS :/

i DO have a proper name btw :|