September 30, 2008

How Mr. Sadigh’s speech ‘inspired’ me :)

So, I guess this is like, contd. =D

So, well, later, the same day (friday, d’uh!), we had our literacy club discussion. So, over there, we decided that we’d try and teach a poor kid in our locality, like, once or twice every week. I REALLY liked the idea, plus, I waqs enthusiastic as hell cos I knew Ic ouldnt volunteer for TEACHFORAMERICA.. cos they take only college (top) graduates. :[

So, I started wondering as to where I’d find a poor kid. No, wait, correction: A lesser privileged kid.
So, I didn’t find one, I found TWO of them! :]

Umm, you see, whenever I wait for my bus in the mornings, I see these two kids on the cycle with their dad, in their school uniforms and all. So I found out where they live and approached their parents. They agreed. I mean, I asked them if I could teach their kids angrezi and all and I talked a bit about how I just wanted to help, etc etc.

Well, so the kids came to my house on Sunday. At 9 in the morning. And, well, I taught them English.
And that’s when I realized something too..
Teaching is friggin’ hard!
Jeez. They came on Monday too, but I think the class on Monday was WAY better than that of Sunday.. I mean, I had to explain every line in hindi.. which is a pretty tough task..
Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. And they’re coming again on the 3rd.. which is Friday, or Saturday, I think.

Yay.

Well, this is ONE post I really want comments on.. I mean, just normal feedback. =)

Thank you.

P.S.: I spoke in the morning assembly today about Ramadan. Isnt that just great? I wish my mum and dad were present in the assembly. I think they’d have gotten their basic lessons on respecting and tolerating other religions, etc. :]

4 Random Retorts:

Deepak said...

yer soo helpful >:D< ..i remember saying that earlier too though :-?

but WHY do you wanna TEACHFORAMERICA when you can TEACHFORINDIA?

AND ..yer parents hate non-hindus? :O

Anonymous said...

ur a nice lil kid

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Run of the mill’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Meandering Soul said...

Thats an excellent initiative ..... You sure are doing gud .. I wish I could teach too .. but I know it ain't one of my strengths .. I lack patience .... All the best for your venture.. All i will request you is to stay at it ... I mean .. we all start things in haste and then when it starts getting tough, give up on it... and not think that my giving up will affect someone else too ... so keep carving out time for those two kids.. I am sure you will get your rewards ... All the best .. :D